What with all the books piling up in the unassigned corners of our little cottage and our new king sized doggy friend who is still learning to walk on a lead – I completely forgot that Bridgit of outofthebooks89 fame nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers. Thank you Bridgit for thinking of me and here are the answers to the questions she crafted. (The rules for those nominated for the award are posted below).
- What is the prettiest cover of any book you own?
Its so hard to pick just one, but I remember not being able to look away from The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton for a whole five minutes.
2. Do you prefer e-readers or physical copies of books?
E readers are handy and organised. They serve the most basic purpose of reading a book even in the dark. Having said that, owning physical hard copies are in a league of their own. Sometimes I go out and buy a hard copy right after reading the e-book just because I have this maddening physical urge to touch the pages of a book I loved. Feel free to call me creepy.
3. What is the worst book you have ever read?
Yikes. Without going into too many details – Bury This by Andrea Portes
4. What is your favourite place to read?
In a quiet house, on my bed with my dog at my feet.
5. What is your favourite childhood book?
This one is a no-brainer, since I practically learnt up every word in the book – Five On Kirrin Island Again by Enid Blyton
6. Do you underline/write in your books, or do you keep them in pristine condition?
I would personally hunt down and cut off a little finger of the person who dares to so much as think of doodling on any of my pages. So, no I like to keep my books devoid of any markings.
7. Can you listen to music while you read? If so what is your favourite genre to read to?
Sadly, my attention span is that of a sparrow. In order to really concentrate on what I’m reading I can’t have music or any other distractions about.
8. What is your favourite book quote?
Goddammit. Alright I thought about this question for a while and have narrowed it down to a classic unbeatable-
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife” ~ Pride and Prejudice
9. Which book would you be hesitant to lend out because you’d be scared you won’t get it back?
My dear prized possession in hard cover – Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus
10. What has been your favourite book of 2015 so far
The Marriage of Opposites – Alice Hoffman
So finally, as the rules dictate I must nominate ten bloggers of my own for whom I have created ten new questions to answer. I apologise if some of you have been nominated already and this has grown tiresome. Regardless, these are the questions for you guys –
- Do you read books more than once? Name one you’ve read several times
- Name a book belonging to one of your non-preferred genre that you really liked
- Which character’s name do you wish was yours?
- Name the book you’d like to be gifted for Christmas this year
- Which book blogger’s reading list are you currently drooling over?
- What is your favourite word?
- Which book did you hate but loved the film adaptation of?
- Which living author would you like to be best friends with?
- Which book do you think has been over-praised?
- How long have you been blogging about books?
Now for winning hearts. Here are my nominations –
Deepika – Worn Corners
Madame Bibilophile Recommends
Lucy – Hard Book Habit
Rather too fond of books
I Read Novels
Mary – The Novel Gnome
Tara – Tara Sparling Writes
The Rules to follow are –
Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their blog in your post
Answer all the questions provided by the blogger who nominated you
Nominate ten other female bloggers
Create ten new questions for those you’ve nominated